Here are 7 remedies that might help you feel better during those winter blues:
- Get More Light: When the sun is out, go out and take a walk, breathe the fresh air, get some exercise, and soak in some UV rays.
- Watch What you Eat: Try eating foods rich in tryptophan. This includes turkey, milk, and egg whites. Also try basmati rice, bouillon, cereals, and fruits.
- Limit Alcohol and Caffeine: These may get you a brief lift, but often you fall further down the rabbit whole than you were before you started. Herbal tea is a much better option, gives you a lift without the heavy fall.
- Get Moving: Get going! Try walking, biking, swimming, or running. Even better do your work-out either outside or near a sunny window.
- Inhale/diffuse essential oils: Try rose, lavender, wild orange, lemon, peppermint, or frankincense.
- Take your vitamins: Vitamin C and D, can help give you a lift and keep you from getting sick.
- Take a Vacation: Go someplace sunny! Even just a few days soaking in the UV rays can make a world of difference for your season. Many people can’t just pick up and take a trip; but if you are able, do it!
Obviously these aren’t coming from your doctor and you should consult them before doing anything that you are afraid might conflict with other information they have given you. But often just getting a little sun & exercise can make all the difference.
We all know that Oregon has a pretty gray winter, so if sun is nowhere in sight we would like to welcome you into our gym for the work out that can help deter the rainy day blues.